I love summer. I love being around my kids, having them come in and out of the house, friends wandering.
Popsicles. Barbecues. Busy schedules.
Amusement parks and movies on weeknights because we don’t have to worry about being up at 630am for school.
And now it’s all coming to an end, way too quick. Little Dude goes back to school on Monday.
Are you ready for your own back-to-school season?
We’re getting there.
Clothes shopping = done. (Thank you, Kohl’s!)
School supplies = done.
Backpack that will carry wayyyyy too much stuff back and forth = done. (Thank you, Staples!)
Easily cleaned and smushed without breaking lunch bag = done. (Thanks again, Kohl’s!) Don’t you love the Yorkie photobomb? That girl can smell out a camera….
Healthy school lunch items = done. Instead of pictures though, here’s a list of our staples:
- cheese sticks
- baby carrots
- non-GMO and non-preservative crispy veggie fries
- homemade pita chips and dip
- homemade cookies (to be made on Sunday)
- popcorn kernels for homemade popcorn
- homemade bread for sandwiches that may still get squished despite all my efforts
- non-GMO and non-preservative tortillas to replace bread in sandwiches when they get squished and frustrating after day 2
- non-GMO, non-dye and non-preservative juice boxes because you can’t carry a drink container around the playground and still look cool
Going back to school is such an event now! We picked up textbooks this morning and we get his homeroom/schedule on Friday, quite possible bigger than any other prep you have…at least for him. The rest still costs us a lot of money and a whole lot of time.
Are you ready to go back yet? What is your biggest challenge? What do you put in your kids’ lunchboxes?