I love coffee.
<coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee>
Iced coffee is a great afternoon pick-me-up, but it’s 100 out and I don’t feel like going out to Starbucks. I also am trying to cut back on expenses since we’re moving into the house soon and we need a few things….or a lot, since I was pretty brutal when we left South Carolina. (Okay, let’s be real…I didn’t get rid of anything I have to replace immediately except for a couch…but it’s never that simple, right? Just keep me out of Home Goods.)
Enter the Keurig. I didn’t have any iced coffee k-cups on hand so I got a little desperate and started experimenting. What I made ended up rivaling the iced chai latte I’ve been getting at Starbucks lately. Score! Here’s to making an iced chai latte with your Keurig!
Iced Chai Tea Latte
Total Time: 5 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Per Serving 82 calories
Fat 4 g
Carbs 8 g
Protein 4 g
- Two regular coffee K-cups (pick your flavor/strength)
- One chai latte K-cup
- Four packets of Stevia (you can use another sweetener if you prefer, but I like to be as natural and healthy as I can, while low-cal)
- 1 cup milk (I used 1% fat)
- 2-3 cups of ice
- Divide the ice between two big heat-safe drink containers. (I filled each approximately 2/3 full.)
- Brew the chai latte K-cup, but I backed it down to #2 out of five sizes, so it was pretty strong. Divide that between the two drink containers full of ice.
- Brew the two regular coffee K-cups, pouring one in each drink container.
- Add 1-2 packets of Stevia to each drink and stir until it is dissolved and ice begins to melt. (It is pretty strong so it accounts for the dilution.)
- Pour in 1/2 cup of milk to each drink, stir, and add more ice depending on how much remains.
- Enjoy! (You can top with whipped cream, but we didn’t have any on hand and if you’re cutting calories, this is optional.)
Making an iced chai latte with your Keurig is faster than running to the coffee shop and you can make it however you want for less than $1. It’s a great way to have a treat when you can’t escape the house. Enjoy!